Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

It is so quiet when both girls are napping. Quiet and rare. But they are right now. Yay!



We had an uneventful New Year's Eve. I think we were all in bed by 10. That's ok with me, though. I forgot how little sleep you get with a newborn in the house. Last night she did pretty well, she slept most of the night and woke up to eat every two hours or so. That's better than the two nights before when she woke up at three and just wanted to be awake.



Today I'm making Taco Soup from the crockpot365 website. And tomorrow I think I'm going to attempt tamales. I got all the stuff from it. I got two shortcut tips, though: 1. use parchment paper instead of corn husks. (Ben doesn't like this idea, though, so maybe I'll do half and half.) and 2. Use the crock pot. Again, this is from the crockpot365 website, but it just makes sense, and I don't have a pot and steamer that's large enough anyway to do it the other way.




Ben took this picture of me and the girls. Natalie's hat is falling off and looks kind of weird, but it's a picture of the three of us, anyway. I'm always surprised now when I pick up Lauren and she feels so heavy. There's a big difference between 6 and 25 pounds.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Videos

Latest Video of Lauren:

Video of Lauren walking:

Lauren's First Steps:

Our 5th Anniversary Video: