Thursday, August 13, 2009

We're Here!

Three days in the car and just shy of 1500 miles later, we are here. I'm sitting in a La Quinta Inn right now. We have the keys to our new house, but we'll be staying here tonight since our furniture isn't coming until tomorrow. Ben and I are eating lunch while Lauren is napping and we'll head to the house to unload most of the stuff from the cars before we hit up Target and a grocery store.

The drive was beautiful. I think Utah is gorgeous! I wish I had my camera out, but I wouldn't have been able to take pictures while I was driving anyway, I guess. The girls did really well on the drive. I drove with Natalie, who slept a lot, and Ben had Lauren, who watched movies and sang. Way too much fast food. I'm looking forward to some vegetables. LOL.

Jon is coming down tomorrow to spend the weekend. He needs Ben to do some work on his car. I think Jon is most excited about having us here just because Ben can work on his car. Lauren has been talking about Uncle Higgins a lot. I told her we could go pick apples when we got here, and she said she'd pick two, one for her, and one for him.

Hopefully we'll get internet at the house soon and I'll get pics up.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited for you guys to get settled and check it all out!

Utah is gorgeous. I've always said that if the people there weren't so wacky, I would move there in a heartbeat. I ♥ Park City/Deer Run.

TNgirl said...

Yay! Glad to hear that you guys had a safe trip. Hope you get unpacked and settled quickly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Videos

Latest Video of Lauren:

Video of Lauren walking:

Lauren's First Steps:

Our 5th Anniversary Video: